A childhood memory I wanted to share with my kid. This is a good recipe to let your kids help you make. These are not as sweet as your original treats but still taste amazing either way. It is kid tested and approved! Enjoy!
Rice Crispy Treats
3 1/2 cups organic puffed brown rice
3/4 cups natural peanut butter (creamy or chunky, whatever you like)
1/2 cup honey
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Start with an 8 by 8 pan. Then get a big piece of parchment paper to cover the bottom. Have enough to cover the top too!
- Put the puffed rice into a large bowl and set aside. In a small saucepan combine the honey and peanut butter over low to medium heat until nice and creamy. Remove from heat and add vanilla.
- Pour over the puff rice. Mix until the rice is all coated. Pour into prepared pan.
- Now with the extra parchment paper, place it over the mixture and push down to firm it up.(My kid's favorite part)
- Refrigerate for a few hours, then cut into squares and enjoy!