I am sorry that I haven't posted anything in a while. I have been so busy. A lot of new stuff is about to be going on for me and my husband and we have been busy trying to get everything together. Hopefully I will be able to start posting more again.
So this recipe is delicious. I love apple desserts, and this one is on the top of my list. It goes wonderfully with homemade vanilla ice cream!
8 tart apples, chopped
juice of 1-2 lemons
grated rind of 1 lemon
1 tablespoon arrowroot
2 tablespoons honey
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
3/4 cup almonds
3/4 cup arrowroot
6 tablespoons butter, softened
1/4 cup honey
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat Oven 350
- Toss apples with lemon juice.
- Mix 2 tablespoons honey, lemon rind, arrowroot and cinnamon together and toss with apples.
- Place in a buttered baking dish.
- Place almonds in a food processor and process to a powder. Add butter, arrowroot, 1/4 cup honey, vanilla and salt and process until smooth.
- Crumble mixture on top of the apples. Bake for 1 hour.