We love biscuits and gravy around here! But when you are trying to eat healthier biscuits and gravy usually is not in your diet. These really hit the spot. They are very filling too!
Biscuits and Gravy
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/4 cup almond flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon cold butter or coconut oil
6 egg whites
16 oz. breakfast sausage
2 tablespoons arrowroot
14 oz. coconut milk or raw cow's milk
1/4 teaspoon fennel seeds
1 teaspoon sage
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
Preheat Oven 400
- Grease 6 cups of a muffin tin.
- In the food processor mix flours, salt, and baking powder. Add butter and mix well.
- In a separate bowl with a handle held blender beat egg whites until fluffy. Add the egg whites with the flour mixture, pulse until just mixed together.
- Spoon mixture into muffin tin filling them 3/4 full. Cook 15 minutes or until browned. These do not rise.
- In a skillet cook sausage over medium-high heat. Breaking it up well. When the sausage is done remove it from the skillet leaving the grease.
- Whisk the arrowroot in the skillet with the grease for about 1 minute.
- Slowly add the milk stirring constantly so not to make lumps.
- Add the seasonings and then the sausage. Heat until warm. Serve over biscuits.