Thursday, January 20, 2011

Coconut Flour Waffles

   
     I think waffles is my son's favorite breakfast food. He asks for them all the time. This is a wonderful recipe for some good waffles. I found this recipe off of Health Home Happy. I added a couple things to it though. These waffles taste good topped with some plain yogurt and maple syrup.

Coconut Flour Waffles

4 tablespoons coconut oil or butter
1/4 cup coconut flour
6 eggs
2-4 tablespoons pureed apple, pumpkin, banana, strawberry
2 tablespoons honey
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla

  1. Mix all ingredients together in a bowl until there are no more lumps.
  2. Pour batter a little at a time, into a preheated greased waffle iorn.
  3. Cook for around 3-4 minutes or until golden brown.
  4. Top with your favorite fruit, yogurt, or maple syrup.
*Makes around 8.

1 comment:

  1. Hmm......It looks delicious. I am going to try it. It is first recipe for waffles, that I have come across, that does not have flour.
    Thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete