So those looking for a grain free healthy snack, here it is. This is delicious and you can take it anywhere. You can do any variety of dried fruit or nuts you want. So many options for one little snack! I was thinking about doing an apple cinnamon bar next.
1 cup Almond, Pecans, Walnuts, or any mixture of nuts (I did just almonds because that is what I had)
1/4 cup almond butter or natural peanut butter
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup almond flour
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 tablespoon honey
1/4 cup coconut flour*
1 large egg
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup dried cranberries, or any dried fruit
1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- On a cookie sheet toast nuts until browned. Make sure you shake them around they burn easily.
- Pour toasted nuts into a food processor and grind until fine pieces.
- In a small sauce pan melt coconut oil and nut butter. Remove from heat.
- Add vanilla and honey to the coconut oil mixture.
- Pour coconut oil mixture into food processor and add coconut flour and almond flour. Pulse until well mixed.
- Add egg. Pour mixture into bowl and fold in cranberries and chocolate.
- Pour into a 8 by 10 pan and press down.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Let cool and cut up into bars. This can make 8-12 bars depending on what size you want them.