Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins

   
     I don't know what it is about starting to be spring and me wanting to make muffins, but that's what happens. I make muffins! And for some reason Arkansas decided that it was spring already! Not sure how I feel about that but I can't stop it. So I found this recipe for Lemon Poppy Seed muffins, and had to try it. I had to change it quiet a bit to make it healthy, but it turned out really good! It isn't like your usual Lemon Poppy Seed muffins since it is made with whole wheat flour, but much more satisfying. It is very hearty and I love these! Hope you enjoy!

Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins


1 cup whole wheat flour ( I prefer pastry flour, but the regular is fine too)
1 cup rolled oats
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 tablespoon poppy seeds
2-3 tablespoon grated lemon zest (depending how much lemon you like)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup honey
1 large egg
3/4 cup whole milk (prefer raw)
1/4 melted coconut oil (or vegetable)


  1. Preheat oven 375. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with baking cups.
  2. In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, oats, baking powder, poppy seeds, salt, and lemon zest. Make a well or a hole in the center of the mixture. 
  3. In a small bowl , combine egg, honey, milk and oil. Add the egg mixture into that hole you made in the  flour mixture. Stir until just moistened.
  4. Spoon batter into prepared muffin tins, filling each 3/4 full.
  5. Bake until tops are lightly brown about 15-20 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment